Tuesday, January 20, 2009

She's a girl!

Hooray for the passage of time and the arrival of a long-awaited day. We will always remember January 20, 2009 as Inauguration Day and the day that we learned that Peanut was an active, alive little girl. We did not sleep much last night; I spent part of the evening staring into the darkness and wondering if today would be wonderful or tragic.

It was wonderful.

Peanut was not very cooperative for the ultrasound technician Sue--if I didn't know better, I would say that she was trying to escape her squishy confines. As such, it was tough to get a good view of her for very long, and of course she did not take the time to pause for good photos. (OK, I have to come clean here: I was so worried that we would not see Peanut move that I drank a cup of caffeinated tea before we went to the doctor's office. I feel pretty guilty about it, but clearly it worked!)

Anyway, here are some of the photos that we did get. The 3D photos were particularly eerie. I know this is how they look at this age, but I'm still wondering if we're having a Keebler Elf or a Gollum instead of a human child.









No comments:

Post a Comment