Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's like meeting her for the first time (27 weeks)


Pregnancy can seem like a pretty abstract concept, even when your belly is the size and consistency of a watermelon. Is there really a child inside there? The moving and kicking isn't enough to make the reality of it hit home. However, I have to admit that seeing Peanut's face on the 3D ultrasound today made me realize that we might actually have a baby soon. A baby like the babies that people carry around in strollers and backpacks; a baby that makes poopy diapers and wears outfits with little critters on them.


Here she is! I think she has Jon's nose and my chin. Hello, Peanut! I promise we will have a name for you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Lori and John, this is such great news. I am soo excited for you and Peanut. I am sending lots of good thoughts your way and much "hope". Take care! Rhonda Gonzales

    ReplyDelete